"You get what you pay for, but I just had no intention of living this way." -Counting Crows

Why We're Here...

My husband David and I delivered a stillborn Baby Boy that we loved, and wanted. Our first and only son, Logan, had Down Syndrome. Our daughter's smile is a little light in the darkness. She turned one year old three days after our sweet Logan tip-toed away on January 24, 2009. After 2 1/2 years we found out we were having another baby, whom we affectionatly called Rudy. Just shy of 6 weeks we found out Rudy was Ectopic. Rudy was surgically removed on May 26, 2011 delivering another blow to our already broken hearts.


Logan's Ring

I designed and ordered the commemorative ring David suggest I get for Logan instead of that Tattoo that came to mind. It’s a yellow and white gold band that will have his name engraved on it and tiny Garnet’s on either side of his name. I intend to wear it on my middle finger. I thought it would be hard to pick out a ring, I thought it would be too emotional. Oddly enough it wasn’t. The Jeweler is a family friend, and he did a great job of helping me design a ring; a one of a kind ring, for a one of a kind child. I made this ring special for Logan, as a permanent place in this world where his name will be since we don’t have a grave for him and therefore no grave marker or plaque. I made sure that the ring was not feminine, since my little Logan was a little man. This is for you baby boy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Sparrow Farm Creations Memorial Prints

Songs for Logan


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
glitters
 
Home | Logan's Story | Contact Heather

Copyright © 2009 It only hurts when I breathe! |Designed by Templatemo |Converted to blogger by BloggerThemes.Net